Chat, polls, audience questions and session feedback is a paid feature, only available if you have an event upgrade or account add-on 'Interaction'. Contact us for more information.
Directly go to:
Setting-up the chat
Follow the next steps to set up the chat:
- Make a new program item on the program page. Tick the box, indicating that this item takes place online.
- Insert the live stream link from the video streaming platform you are using. Please note: the chat function only works if the live stream is embedded in the live stream page. Not if the participants go to an MS Teams or Zoom application. Details on setting up the live stream page can be found in our help center article.
- Go to the Interaction Module and activate the chat.
- Define the accessibility. Is the chat only for people who have registered for the event? Choose 'private'. Is the chat public for anyone to watch? Choose 'public'.
- In case of a private event, select if you want to give access only to those who registered, or everyone who was invited.
Look and feel for the attendee
The attendee can access the chat by clicking on 'join chat'. They can share messages with anyone who joined the chat. For the attendees this looks as follows: