Your visitors are directed from the program page to the live stream page, on which they can follow the stream. From the live stream page, your attendees can ask and answer questions (polls). You can adjust the settings of each individual live stream in the specific program item in the Website Module. Read more about setting up the program page for online events.
Directly go to:
This is how it works for the attendee
Attendees of the event participate in a live stream via de program page. They can access this page via the registration confirmation email. This email includes a personalised link so Momice recognises the attendee. The program page is personalised based on his or her registration. For example, a private live stream is only accessible if one has registered for the event and break-outs.
Is the live stream publicly accessible? This way anyone can participate without an invitation or registration. Momice software cannot check-in attendees when a live stream is freely accessible. In this case, the interaction options will be limited to chat only.
Is the live stream private? This means the live stream is only accessible when the attendee has registered for the event. It is important the attendee enters the live stream via the personalized link in their confirmation email.
If an attendee clicks on 'attend live stream' they can automatically join the live stream.
Organiser to do’s
As an organizer, you need to take the following steps to get your attendees to join the live stream:
- Set up a live stream, on an external platform (e.g. Vimeo or YouTube). Momice is not a video streaming platform. This means that you will stream a video from an external channel, and integrate the link in the Momice software.
- Create a program item on the program page in the Website Module. Check the box ‘This program takes place online’ and set the basic settings, such as title and time. Don't forget to set the time for the online reception. Now there are 2 extra tabs available in the program settings screen: 'Live stream' and 'Interaction' Please note: the Interaction Module only appears if you have the event update or add-on Interaction. Contact us for more information or to get credits.
- Go to the second tab 'live stream' to add the embed code of your live stream. For Vimeo and YouTube, you only have to add the Video ID. Momice will make sure the live stream is shown in the correct size. The Video ID of Vimeo and YouTube is the part in the URL after the '/'. For example: vimeo.com/123ABC. The Video ID is: 123ABC.
Check the Vimeo URL before adding it to the program item. Does the Vimeo URL contain an '/event' before the video ID? In this case we advice you to use the option 'Embed code' when selecting the online streaming platform in the program item. Does the Vimeo URL not have this addition? Then you can use the option 'Vimeo'.
In case you are using another video streaming platform, opt for the ‘embed’ option in the dropdown menu to add the embed code. If you are using external software, then choose ‘external URL’. Please note: this way the attendee does leave the Momice event website when they join the live stream.
- Decide if the program item is private or public.
- If you have interaction credits, you can activate 'session feedback'. When the attendees leave the live stream, a screen asking them to rate the session with 1-5 stars will automatically appear. This gives you real-time insights on how the session performed.
- Determine which interaction option you want to use. You can find audience questions and other settings in the Interaction Module. Activate the interaction option of your choice, and indicate who can participate (all participants or only registrees).
Does your program contain break-outs? Read more about setting up break-outs and sub-sessions.
Status and availability program items
On the program page, both the status ("not yet started," "live," and "finished") and accessibility ("public," "private," or "no access") of each individual item are indicated.
Status of the live stream
- Not yet started: the online reception hasn't started yet. The attendee cannot join the live stream.
- Live: the online reception is open or the live stream has started. The attendee can enter the live stream by clicking 'watch live stream'.
- Finished: the live stream is finished, and the attendee can no longer join.
- Public: the live stream is available for everyone on the event website and anyone can watch.
- Private: the live stream is only available for people who have signed up for the event via the registration form.
- No access: the website visitor is not recognized and can not access the live stream.
Communicating the link to your guests
The location of an online event is the internet address on which the live stream takes place, instead of a physical location. Just like an offline event, make sure the people who registered know how they can participate so they can be there on time. Momice automatically generates a personal link for everyone who registered to the live stream. You can communicate this link in the confirmation email or again just before the event.
You can place the personal live stream link behind a button or as a hyperlink in a text.
Tip: When sending a reminder for the event, add the live stream link or button to the email, so your contacts can easily find the link in their inbox.
Checking in your attendees
When a guest uses a personal link to join a live stream, Momice automatically checks in the attendee. In the registration overview, you can see exactly who has attended the live stream and who hasn't.
Each live stream is approached like a separate 'location', with corresponding 'check-in points'. To see who participated in which live stream, you can make an export of the registration overview. Read more about exporting lists here.